Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
geocoy geocoy is offline

Default Recording a Macro

I am recording this macro and when I try to run it the second time I get a
Syntax error message. The interesting thing is, I have recorded this macro
several times and the error message is not alway the same. Originally it was
erroring on a fragment of code where "ch(14) & ch(10)" saying it couldn't
find the Project Library. What is missing? The macro works when I initially
record it, but when I try to replay it, it fails.

Cells.Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("B4").Select
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Arra y( _
"ODBC;DBQ=C:\Documents and Settings\george.coy\My
Documents\QualityReports\QualityFront.mdb;DefaultD ir=C:\Documents and
Settings\georg" _
), Array( _
"e.coy\My Documents\QualityReports;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)};DriverId=25;Exclusive=0;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2" _
), Array( _

"048;MaxScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;;ReadOnly=1;SafeT ransactions=0;SystemDB=C:\Documents and Settings\george.coy\My Documents\Qualit" _
),
Array("yReports\QualityDb\QUALITY.MDW;Threads=3;UI D=gcoy;UserCommitSync=Yes;"
_
)), Destination:=Range("B4"))
.CommandText = Array( _
"SELECT ArrisWarrantyReturns.assembly, ArrisWarrantyReturns.Built,
ArrisWarrantyReturns.CRGReceivingID, ArrisWarrantyReturns.CustomerID,
ArrisWarrantyReturns.EventID, ArrisWarrantyReturns.EventTyp, Arr" _
, _
"isWarrantyReturns.ManufBy, ArrisWarrantyReturns.MfgOrderNo,
ArrisWarrantyReturns.PlxJobNo, ArrisWarrantyReturns.ProcessTyp,
ArrisWarrantyReturns.ReasonForReturn, ArrisWarrantyReturns.ReceiveDate, Arri"
_
, _
"sWarrantyReturns.RMA, ArrisWarrantyReturns.SerialNo,
ArrisWarrantyReturns.`WarrantyBySerial#`" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & "FROM
ArrisWarrantyReturns ArrisWarrantyReturns" _
)
.Name = "Query from Quality_1"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False