Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Capture Forms button caption

Otto,

Where are these buttons from?

If the forms menu, use

Sub RemoveButtons()
Dim ShapeA As Button
For Each ShapeA In ActiveSheet.Buttons
If ShapeA.Caption = "Doodle" Then _
ShapeA.Delete
Next ShapeA
End Sub

If from the control toolbox, use

Sub RemoveButtons()
Dim ShapeA As OLEObject
For Each ShapeA In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
If ShapeA.Object.Caption = "Doodle" Then _
ShapeA.Delete
Next ShapeA

HTH

Bob

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP & Win XP
I have a number of Forms buttons on a sheet. I want to delete those
buttons that have a specific caption. To do that I must first capture the
caption. The following code is a simplification of what I need. It
doesn't work because the "Caption" line is not right. How would I write
the code to capture the caption? If I can't capture the caption, I could
use the assigned macro name. How would I do that?
Thanks for your time. Otto
Sub RemoveButtons()
Dim ShapeA As Shape
For Each ShapeA In ActiveSheet.Shapes