Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard MSL Richard MSL is offline

Default Attaching to Running Process

When I run it with Process.Start(excel.exe,abc.prn) it works fine, it
converts the prn to a worksheet for you to edit. The only problem with it is
that it always starts a new session of Excel, which is what I had hoped to
overcome with ShellExecute().

"Jialiang Ge [MSFT]" wrote:

Hello,

PRN is a kind of file created when we choose "Print to file" in file Print
dialog. Based on my test, it is not a supported file format in Excel. When
I open a prn directly in Excel, it gives the the warning that "This file is
not in a recognizable format". I guess it is why ShellExecute also fails to
open it. When you have time, would you also have a try to open your PRN
directly with Excel, and let me know the result?

Sincerely,
Jialiang Ge , remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.