Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Open excel workbook within macro

This is right out of VBA help file.

Sub OpenUp()
Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyBook.xls")
End Sub

If the file you want to open is in the same directory as the active
workbook, then you don't need the full path. Once open, you can access it
and manipulate data much the same as the active sheet, but you will need to
use the workbook and sheet references as you do it like.

Workbooks("MyBook"),Sheets(1).Range("A1:B5").Copy
Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook).Sheets(1).Range("A1")

Good Luck.

"Arne Hegefors" wrote:

Hi! I have a macro that opens a file and goes through a list. If ceratian
things are found in the list I want to open an Excel file and read from that
file to the original file. How do I open an excel file from a macro and how
can I read from it? Thanks!