Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Francois via OfficeKB.com Francois via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Excel Open error

Rick wrote:
I did some testing and found that its the excel workbook thats the problem,
question is how do I recover my workbook?

I'm getting an Open error on trying to start Excel, its a memory error
"0x6500d7ba" with "0x00000006" memory could not be read.

What is going on? I have 2gb of memory. Is it MSOffice or Win2kPro?

I have had this several times,

When excel saves a file, it first creates a file with a reference something
like 60EE1000 (or some other type no's. ...If you can find it, then rename
it to 60EE1000.xls.... then open that file.

You may then have the complete file