Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cathy Cathy is offline

Default data validation defaults

I have a pricing proposal model. In it is a data validation drop down menu
in cell $D$15 that allows the user to select Affiliate, Client, or Promotion.
The product names are listed in column B, Column D contains the price for
the product and Column E allows the user to select the product with a data
validation list of 0 or 1.

There are certain products that are automatically included when Affiliate
is selected in $D$15. I want to set it up so that when $D$15 equals
Affiliate, these line items (in column E's drop down list) default to 1
instead of 0. I established a named list which allows 1 as the only option,
but it doesn't default to 1 - it's still a manual process.

Also, in cell $E$72 is a discount percentage data validation drop down list.
It is set up in such a way that when Affiliate is selected in$D$15, only 0%
appears in the drop down, when Client is selected, 0% - 10% appears in the
drop down and when Promotion is selected, 0% - 20% appears. However, it does
not automatically default. So, if I previously had Promotion at 20% and
switched to Affiliate, the 20% would be the default in cell $E$72.

--
Cathy