Earl Kiosterud

Kel,

One way is to put =SUM(A5:A65536) somewhere in A1 through A4 (this is an
example, where I've reserved rows 1-4 for heading stuff. Then freeze rows
1-4 (Window - Freeze pane) so it's always visible as you put more stuff in
the column(s) and start auto-scrolling down. Some people get all twitchy
and irritable at the thought of putting totals at the top, but it actually
works very well.

You don't want to use SUM(A:A) if the formula is actually in column A,
because the sum cell would be included in the cells being summed, causing a
circular reference.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"kelmonster" wrote in message
Does anyone know how I can set up a sum feature from the top row and have
it
calculate all the numbers in the column as I enter them without have to
highlight the entire col. when I enter =SUM(...)? Is there a formula I
can
enter? Right now I'm having to enter=SUM(highlight the entire column).
--
kel