Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Allen Allen is offline

Default PivotChart Formatting and screen updating

I have a macro that I placed in Private Sub Chart_Calculate that selects the
chart type to restore my formatting whenever a change is made (for example,
when a different state is selected).
It works, but it's slow and the screen flickers while it's running.
I tried using application.screenupdating = false in the macro and also
before the macro runs, but that doesn't help.

I believe the macro is being run multiple times when really all I want is it
to run when the pivot table behind the chart is finished.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this?