Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Faisal... Faisal... is offline

Default Countdown Timer - not stopwatch

Tim

Try this and modify as you wish (with Time to End being your target
date)

Make your sheet like this:

Time Now Time to End
Time Left
05-11-2007 17:58:13 05-11-2007 17:58:13
=(TEXT(MINUTE(B2-A2),"00")) & ":" & (TEXT(SECOND(B2-A2),"00"))

Then your macro:
Sub time_count_down()
Dim tnow As Date

tnow = Now
While tnow <= Cells(2, 2)
Cells(2, 1) = tnow
Application.Wait (tnow + #12:00:01 AM#)
tnow = Now
Wend

End Sub

Good Luck
Faisal...

On 5 Nov, 16:58, "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote:
Tim,

Post your email address and I will send you a working version of a countdown timer that uses the
ontime method to schedule updates to the timer.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Tim H" wrote in message

How do I write a countdown timer macro in excel if I have an end date / time
that i want to countdown till? For example, I have in cell A1 - "12/31/2007
11:59:59 PM" and I want to display a countdown timer starting in A2 showing
"X months Y days Z hours AA Minutes BB seconds until New Year's Day"

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -