Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Workbook_SheetSelectionChange in an Addin

All workbooks is a pretty large number! You may want to limit your code to
certain workbooks (based on name or location or a hidden name or ...).

But the type of event you're looking for is called an application event.

You can start by reading Chip Pearson's notes:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx

rchan11 wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've been trying to create an
addin for all our spreadsheets to create an audit trail writing each cell
change to a database, however, when I override the
Workbook_SheetSelectionChange procedure in the addin module, a cell change
never invokes the commands within the procedure.

It seems that the only Workbook_SheetSelectionChange code that it will
invoke is from ThisWorkbook or local code. Is it possible to create an addin
that will trigger an insert to a database with every cell change?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

--

Dave Peterson