Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian[_4_] Ian[_4_] is offline

Default FAO Chip Pearson

Hi Chip

I've given up on this and reissued the workbooks with the reference removed.
It would have been good to know how the reference had got in there and why I
couldn't remove it programmatically. Still, I've learnt a bit along the way,
so it wasn't all wasted effort :-)

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
I've been having lots of problems with RefEdit on Vista/Excel2007. I think

I wasn't using it. I don't know what it's for. My workbook just decided it
needed the reference for some reason.

I'm going to quit using it. It has always been a troublesome control --
half assed design and development I would guess. I have no idea why it
would spike the CPU, though.

Are you referring to a different issue here? I don't understand the CPU
reference.

Thanks again for your input.

Ian