Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Macro to expire after a specified date

I don't recall if I read it or not.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"pgarcia" wrote in message
Sorry to bother you, but did you reply to my last post?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Specifically what piece of code are you referring to? The web page
provides
several different methods of time bombing a workbook. The first one
described on the page uses a defined name called "ExpirationDate" that
contains the data after which the workbook is unusable. If you want to
remove the time bombing, you should delete that name. Of course, then
next
time you open the workbook the name will be recreated. To permanently
remove
the time bomb, you need to delete the VBA code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"pgarcia" wrote in message
Sir,
I want to use your "Time Bomb" VB code, but I have question on the
"Defined
Name". What name is it that we are to remove from the VB code?
Thanks

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You could adapt the code on my "Timebombing A Workbook" page at
www.cpearson.com/Excel/WorkbookTimeBomb.aspx . Note that no VBA-based
protection scheme is foolproof. An experienced (and dishonest) user
can
work
around any protection you provide. However, code such as is on the
page
referenced above is "good enough" for the vast majority of users.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Pearson Software Consulting
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Masters,

How can I program a macro so that it expires after Jan 01, 2008. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-DC