Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I display time in gmt when my system clock is set to local

try this UDF:

Function gmt() As Date
Application.Volatile
dot = "."
Set Serve = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & dot & "\root\cimv2")
Set Zones = Serve.ExecQuery("Select * From Win32_TimeZone")

For Each Zone In Zones
intTimeZoneBias = Zone.Bias
intDayLightBias = Zone.DaylightBias
Next

gmt = Now() - (intTimeZoneBias - intDayLightBias) / (60 * 24)

End Function
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200753

"ai4gk" wrote:

I have my Amateur Radio log in Excel, and likely will be converting it to
Access. My system clock is set to Eastern Time, changing between EST and EDT.
I need my entries to display in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), which is fixed and
does not change with DST.