Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff W. Jeff W. is offline

Default Can I Delete A Module On Exit?

Jim, That is perfect

Thanks

Jeff

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
The code you posted is a little too abreviated so I will have to be kind
of
general but you could try something like this...

Sub auto_open()
if sheets("Sheet1").Range("A11").Value = "" then
msgbox "do your stuff"
else
msgbox "Stuff was done"
endif
end sub
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jeff W." wrote:

Jim, I guess the trouble is I'm not an experienced vba programmer
so I still have troubles with this even when ?I cut and past the code
from the link.

Maybe, I am over thinking this and there may really be a better solution
this is what I have that will run my macros automatically on open

How would it be if we could make this conditional on if anything is in
cell A11 as far as whether the macro run or not?

---------------------------------------
Private Sub auto1()
With ActiveWorkbook
.RunAutoMacros xlAutoOpen
.Open
End With
End Sub

'Create the Tool list Sheet
Sub auto_open()
---------------------------------------

Because once this has run there will be something in there, and no need
run again..

Does this sound like a better solution

Regards,

<Jeff

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in
message
Bob's code is correct but perhaps this will help a bit.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

Also note that you are probably using before_close as your event. That
event
fires When you hit the close button. If you cancel the close at that
time
then the code has already executed and the spread sheet will remain
open
but
the module will be removed...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jeff W." wrote:

Bob, I'm not sure I have put this in correctly,
I get a compile error in hidden module

I have an auto run macro that calls another sub to run and
I have put this at the bottom of the second sub

not sure if this is right, but it doesnt want to work.

the debugger hanfs on the SET part of the additional code

<Jeff

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Dim vbMod As Object

Set vbMod = ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(moduleName)
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove vbMod

--
---
HTH

Bob

(there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in
my
addy)

"Jeff W." wrote in message
I have a work book that gets copied and renamed by another
application
and when it runs it automatically fills with data, and I would like
make
it so after you close and reopen, it doesnt try to auto run again.

Is this possible? I guess I want to delete all autorun macros on
exit?

Thanks

Jeff W.