Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dungan dan dungan is offline

Default "Listing Contents of Sub-Folders"

Hi Chip,

Option Base 1 sets the default lower bound of arrays. With Option Base 1,
the following array declarations are the same.
Dim Arr(5)
Dim Arr(1 To 5) ' five elements in the array

With Option Base 0, the following array declarations are the same.
Dim Arr(5)
Dim Arr(0 To 5) ' six elements in the array

Personally, I think it is bad programming practice to omit the lower bound
in an array declaration.

In either of your examples, it seems to me that you have not omitted
the lower bound in the array declaration, have you?

So, I don't see the usefulness of the Option Base 1 or Option Base 0.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Dan