Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default macro to filter rows containing user defined data

Hi Brett,

I knew that the macro did not do anything and it appears that my assumption
that you were just trying to get started was correct.

I'll write some code to do what you want and include comments so that you
can understand what it is all doing.

Do you want some validation to ensure that entire columns are selected and
not just part of a column?

Also, do you want a confirmation message to allow user to proceed after the
selections are made because when deleting data, it can be hard to get back if
an error is made with the selection?

Is my assumption correct in that you want to delete the entire row if the
values do not match so that it it removed from both columns?

Regards,

OssieMac

"bengalengel" wrote:

Thanks OssieMac! I am still new to this and I am beginning to
recognize how important proper formatting is to debugging etc.

However, leaving the above code 'as is', I still don't get any row
deletion.
This is how I envision the macro to work:
First, I highlight a column on the spreadsheet
Next, I am prompted to select a range (another column on the sheet)
Then, the macro compares the two columns and any values that are not
common are deleted.

The macro compiles fine but as of right now it doesn't do anything!
Does the value of ActiveCell change when the next range is
highlighted, therefore I am comparing the same thing?
Thanks,
Brett