Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default combining different size tables

Hi ronm,

Your answer to Carlo is the format that I interpretted that you wanted and
my previous reply should do that. However, if you want to automate it, I can
do that too. However, would you like to test what I have posted and if it
returns what you want then reply and I'll automate the process with a macro
for you. I won't use vlookup if doing it in a macro but knowing that the
format is correct is a good start.

Also, do you need instructions to install a macro?

Regards,

OssieMac

"ronm" wrote:

Hi Carlo,

Actually, just the opposite - I want the final table to be all 44k rows from
the first table but where there is a match of IDs, I would have the 2nd table
row appended to the first.
table 1 xxxxxxxx
table 2 yyyyyyyy

final xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxyyyyyyyy
xxxxxxxx

I need to do this once a month and would like to automate it.

ronm

"Carlo" wrote:

Hey ronm

just that I understand it correctly;
The table you have in the end starts with the columns of table 2 and then
with the columns of table 1.

Do you need to do that once, or is it a recurring process?

Carlo

"ronm" wrote:

I have two tables of different length - table 1 has 44K rows by 8 columns,
table 2 has 180 rows by 8 columns. The first column in each table is a
unique ID such that all 180 IDs are part of the first table.
I want to run a process that looks at each row in table 2, compares the ID
to the rows in table 1, and if a match is found, it appends the row from
table 2 to the corresponding row in table 1.
I would end up with one consolidate table where 180 rows would have all 16
columns.

Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks for any help.