Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TimJames TimJames is offline

Default Date calculation

This is a timesheet that the employees use.

To ensure that the employees are using the correct dates there is a hidden
worksheet that lists out the beginning dates for the pay periods and the end
dates for the pay periods. The information that is currently listed is good
for two years, but at the end of the two years the dates will be wrong and
most (If not all) of the employees do not know that they should update the
reference date that begins this entire pay period generation. My dates that
I would like to update automatically upon their expiration look like this:

Pay Period Start Pay Period End
12/17/2006 12/30/2006
12/31/2006 01/13/2007
01/14/2007 01/27/2007
01/28/2007 02/10/2007

And so on. The last dates a
11/30/2008 12/13/2008

So when today's date is equal to or less than that last date in the first
column (In my example it would be 11/30/2008) I want that date to move to the
top of the column and replace the originating date (In my example the
originating date is 12/17/2006) and that would result in all of the other
dates automatically updating and the pay period dates would be good for
another two years.

I don't expand my dates from two to four years because I would just be
putting off the problem instead of implementing a solution.

Thanks for being patient and for all of your help!

-Tim

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Tim,

I'm still not clear what you want to automate.

Is this a timesheet you use or the employees use?

I generate these numbers and use them as a reference when the employees fill
out the timesheets to ensure that they are "starting" and "ending" on the
correct dates for the pay periods.

Why not just copy your formulas down another 52 rows?

These 'references' are actually good for two years. I wanted to automate it
so that at the end of the two years the employees wouldn't have to remember
to update that one date field that starts the entire generation of pay period
dates.

Dan