Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mifty Mifty is offline

Default Macro to add word to existing text in different worksbooks

Many thanks :-)))))
--
Mifty

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Select the cells and run:

Sub prov()
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = r.Value & " Provisional"
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200752

"Mifty" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using a recorded macro which carries out the same set of instructions
for about 50 different workbooks.

My problem is when I've added a bit more to save having to add a word to
existing text manually. The text in each workbook is different but I want to
add "Provisional" at the end.

When I recorded it I just clicked into the cell and pressed F2 and added
text at end but when I looked at the macro it's copying the whole of the line
of text.

If anyone could help with this that would be brilliant

Cheers

--
Mifty