Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default McAfee problem

OK, thanks, so moving code away from the ThisWorkbook module doesn't help.
I wonder if I could solve this by moving code to a VB6 ActiveX dll or maybe
by
putting a password on the .xla VBE.
I can't see a way to avoid using VBProject and I think that is what McAfee
doesn't like.

RBS

"papou" wrote in message
Normal module.

Cordially
Pascal

"RB Smissaert" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Is/was the Sub ExportAndImport in the ThisWorkbook module or in a normal
module?

RBS

"papou" wrote in message
Sure, here it is:
Sub ExportAndImport()
Dim InitialPath$
InitialPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & Application.PathSeparator
ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("ModParo").Exp ort "modParo.bas"
Workbooks("AUTO_CEBN_07.xls").VBProject.VBComponen ts.Import InitialPath
& "modParo.bas"
End Sub

Cordially
Pascal

"RB Smissaert" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
Thanks, that is useful to know.
Could you tell me what you think is the trouble-some code in your case?
I think it will have to be solved by setting up McAfee properly.

RBS

"papou" wrote in message
Hello
If helpful at all:
Same behaviour with FSecure (unknown virus found) for one of my
workbooks where code exports modules and imports them into a new
workbook (no references to the Extensibility Library).
And eventually I could find no solution apart from setting FSecure to
ignore such issues.

Cordially
Pascal

"RB Smissaert" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...
Have a problem with one particular user of my software where McAfee
takes out all the code from the ThisWorkbook module of a .xla add-in.
I know this somehow has to do with the Extensibility library (that
let's you program the VBE) and I have moved all code to do with this
from the ThisWorkbook module to a normal module. This didn't solve
it.
I then removed the reference to the Extensibility library and used
late binding. Didn't solve it either.

I know that the solution should be to setup McAfee properly and
ignore this file, but the user has some problem with
this and it would be nice if I could solve it from my end.
Any suggestions what I could do next?
Could there be something else to blame, other than the Extensibility
library.
Just to make clear, I know the .xla has no virus!

RBS