Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bengalengel bengalengel is offline

Default macro to filter rows containing user defined data

Hello,

I am new to VB and perhaps what I am trying to do doesn't require a
macro, although I would prefer it. I have tried to do this myself by
copying and pasting code from multiple sources but am having no luck.

I would like a macro that does the following:

1) prompts the user to input a range of values (this is a column on
another worksheet containing row numbers that survived a filtering
procedure)
2) compares the user inputted numbers with the row numbers in another
sheet
3) keep all rows whose row number matches one/any of the values given
by the user and delete all the rest
4) output surviving rows to a new sheet

I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything
(brain is a little tired).

Thanks alot!

Brett