Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Newbie : question on VBA and checkboxes

Hi Daniel,

The following works if you only have check boxes (or you could test the name
of the object) but I am interested if anyone can tell me how to determine if
the object is a checkbox because it picks up all objects.

Sub macro2()
Dim oleChk As OLEObject

For Each oleChk In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
If oleChk.Object.Value = True Then
MsgBox oleChk.Name & " = " & oleChk.Object.Value
Else
MsgBox oleChk.Name & " = " & oleChk.Object.Value
End If
Next oleChk

Ossiemac

"Daniel" wrote:

Hi everybody.

I have this worksheet which contains one checkbox on each line of a specific
column, let's say Checkbox1 to checkbox20.
I can determine whether the checkboxes are checked or not using instructions
such as :

If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes1.Value = True Then [Process]

However I would like to use a For / Next routine to test all the checkboxes.

I entered the following code, but it doesn't work and generates an error
message :

For i = 1 To n 'n = number of lines
If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(i).Value = True Then
[Process]
End If
Next i

The error message indicates :
Error 1004.
"Impossible to read the Checkbox property of the worksheet class " (sorry,
it's a lousy translation of the French version of Excel).

What did I do wrong ? What should I do ?

I am using Excel 2002

again, many tks in advance for your time and kind help.
Brgds,
Daniel