Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lorne[_2_] Lorne[_2_] is offline

Default Customizing menu buttons in Ecel 2007

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
You have to decide whether it's worth the trouble but this is how I
customize the images of the buttons I added to the QAT.

Excel saves your QAT setup he

C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.QAT

After you added the buttons to want to it through the Excel's Customize
feature open the QAT file with a text editor. You should find that the
customizations you added look like this:

<mso:control idQ="mso:GroupAddInsMenuCommands" visible="true"/

Edit it to show the image you want:

<mso:control idQ="mso:GroupAddInsMenuCommands" imageMso="M"
visible="true"/

You can see the built-in images available (and their imageMsos) with this
download:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/BtnImages.zip

As far as I know you have to use a built in image.

Many thanks for this.

Your would think that with 1,871 images to choose from I would be happy, but
I still prefer the ones I created myself ! Still some were close enough for
me to identify which button does what so that is a lot better than before.

I presume there is no way to edit the resource that holds the images is
there? Do you know where that resource is and what it is called?