Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris T-M Chris T-M is offline

Default Set Row as Variable...

I am trying to refer back to any row that was selected prior to starting my
macro. Specifically I am trying to move to A_ of the pre-selected Row, and
follow a hyperlink, gather data from another workbook, and then return to the
original Row in the original workbook so I can paste the new data.

I have been successful in writing code that works from a preselected Row,
but can't seem to figure how to allow any starting point. (Simplified current
code follows)

(New to VBA. Please include the basics. Thanks in advance.)

'// 1) Save Variables
Dim LogBk As String
LogBk = ActiveWorkbook.Name

'// 2) Follow Hyperlink
Range("A33").Select
Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWindow:=False, AddHistory:=True
ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlLast
Sheets("REPORTING").Select

'// 3) Copy Data
Range("12B:12AA").Select
Selection.Copy