Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Customizing menu buttons in Ecel 2007

The first link show you the old way to create a menu with code and you can assign
a lot of images. Download John's file from that page for the icon Id's.

The second link show you haw you can add your own tab to the ribbon with the icons you want
(See Jim's file on my site, better then the MS download)

And see Jim's reply about changing the QAT icons

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Lorne" wrote in message ...
Thanks for these links but I am not sure they do what I want. I can see
they let me create my own menu (which I may use anyway so thankyou) and I
downloaded the developers icon list so my developers tab now has a massive
choice of icons but I still can't see how to get my own designed image on to
a macro button in the quick access toolbar area.

Am I asking for the impossible?

Lorne

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

Or change the ribbon
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Lorne" wrote in message
I have just upgraded from Excel 2003 and have several custom buttons in my
menu that execute macros. In v2003 I could copy a suitable image to the
menu button but that feature seems to be lost in v2007.

How can I customize the image that appears on my buttons?