Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Dynamic File Name Referencing

try this

Sub test()

Const path = "c:\temp\"
Const sourcefile = "abc"

Const mydate As Date = "1/1/07"

stringdate = Format(mydate, "mmdd")
Filename = sourcefile & stringdate & ".xls"
myformula = "='[" & Filename & "]sheetx'!A1"

Range("B1").Formula = myformula

End Sub

" wrote:

Hey guys, Hoping someone can get back to me with this one.

The problem i have is I have created a macro such that a file is saved
using the following command:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Range("Sourcefile).Value &
Format(Date, "mmdd")

which should give me a file named Sourcefile1007.xls

The issue I have is using the same referance within another workbooks.
I want a cell to referance/equal sourcefile(mmdd)sheetx!A1.

I am unable to successfully write a function which will add the mmdd
values and return the correct cell value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke