Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
geoff_francis_cox geoff_francis_cox is offline

Default writing amendments to a different worksheet

Thanks for that. I had been told by a colleague that the 'Track Changes'
system would not give us what we needed, but having read Help for myself
youare spot on.

many thanks.

Geoff

JE McGimpsey" forwrote:

One way:

See the "Turn on the change history for a workbook" topic in XL help.

In article ,
geoff_francis_cox wrote:

Hope someone out there can help with this! I am using Excel XP.

I have a workbook that is used to log certain requests. Each request has a
priority. If I change the priority I want to be able to automatically log
the changes, user name and date to another worksheet and just retain the
amended data in the original worksheet.

Can anyone out there advise me of a way to do this without having to do it
manually?