Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff C Geoff C is offline

Default Error 424 when trying to determine whether Sheet exists..

Oops, I've realised that the problem was in my Options, it was breaking on
all errors, not just Unhandled errors, nothing really to do with the code at
all.

Thanks for your suggestions, and apologies.
Geoff

"Geoff C" wrote:

Hi people, using various posts in this board, have created the following
code, but it's returning a 424 Object Required error on the line..
SheetExists = CBool(Workbook.Sheets(SheetName) Is Nothing)

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks for any suggestions,
Geoff.

Sub CopyTemplate()
Dim S_No As String
Dim Message, Title, Default, SheetName As String
Dim SheetExists As Boolean

Message = "Enter Subject Number"
Title = "InputBox"
Default = "0000"

'Get subject number
S_No = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)
'error conditions
If S_No = "" Then GoTo nosubentered
If S_No = "0000" Then GoTo nosubentered
'Create sheetname
SheetName = "Sub" & S_No
On Error Resume Next
SheetExists = CBool(Workbook.Sheets(SheetName) Is Nothing)
On Error GoTo 0
If SheetExists Then GoTo subexistsalready
'Copy template sheet into new sheet name
.......(code omitted)......

subexistsalready:
Sheets(SheetName).Select

nosubentered: