Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian[_4_] Ian[_4_] is offline

Default How can I open on 3rd Sheet Q

Sorry Sean. I'm afraid I'm struggling here.

I've just had a look on Chip Pearson's site and suggest is a variation of
something I found there (see http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/sheetref.htm)

He has a routine under the heading |"Returning The Name Of The First
Worksheet In The Workbook" on that page. In it there is a reference to
Item(1). Changing this to Item(3) seems to return the name of the 3rd sheet.
This you can use in place of hard coding the name.

If that doesn't work, further down the same page he has a routine under the
heading " Getting The Name Of A Sheet By Position Number". This is a more
complex routine, but this may only be because it is more adaptable. It may
also be that the routine above doesn't work in every instance.

Hope this helps.

Ian

"Sean" wrote in message
ps.com...
Ian, on mine, the 3rd sheet from left (which I inserted last Monday)
is Sheet47. When I insert a new sheet in the '3rd position' next
Monday, I'm assuming this will be named Sheet48