Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TimJames TimJames is offline

Default Date calculation

This all part of a timesheet for the county in which I work. The column
headings would be For column 'A' Start of the pay period, for column 'B' End
of the pay period. The 52 cells (I checked this time) are just a list of the
appropriate dates for the timesheet pay period, which goes for two weeks. So
I generate these numbers and use them as a reference when the employees fill
out the timesheets to ensure that they are "starting" and "ending" on the
correct dates for the pay periods.
These 'references' are actually good for two years. I wanted to automate it
so that at the end of the two years the employees wouldn't have to remember
to update that one date field that starts the entire generation of pay period
dates.

I hope that was clear enough. Sometimes when you know what you want and how
an inherited spreadsheet works, it isn't easy to explain it to someone else.

Thanks again,
Tim

"dan dungan" wrote:

Hi Tim,

Please provide more information.

Which part specifically do you want automated? The complete process?

If so,
1. What are the column headings for columns a and b?
2. When is it time to add 13 to the value in column A?
3. These formulas go down about 57 cells< How is this useful to your
process?

Dan

How does the end user know what date to enter.
What does

Column b is like:
b1 "=a1+13"
b2 "=a2+13"

(Quotes are used here to indicate the formula I am using in the cells)
These formulas go down about 57 cells. I would like to automate this so
that when the last cell is equal to (Or greater than) today, cell A1 will
automatically change to the date in the last cell. Any help in how to do this
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim