Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to know a pattern's texture features

There are numbers associated with each pattern. Select a single cell and run:

Sub clara_pattern()
MsgBox (ActiveCell.Interior.Pattern)

Gary''s Student - gsnu200751

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

In my worksheet, some parts of cells are required to be shaded by one
pattern, since before I received the workbook, there were some persons to do
settings of the cell format, so even though the patterns look same, but there
are still subtle difference especially the texture backgroud.what I am going
to do is choose the correct texture from a cell and apply to the rest. To my
suprise, when I select the cell which has the correct texture, there is
nothing shown in the pattern's dropdown list so I could not get the clue from
the display as I did with Font, but I am sure there is a pattern because I
can see the backgroud texture.
Could you tell me how can I get the pattern's backgroup texture? I have also
tried range("cell").pattern, but there is no such property.

Thank you

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help