Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David Mueller David Mueller is offline

Default [Quickly!] Removing PrefixCharacter (i.e. leading, hidden apostrop

I used some code I found in the newsgroup to remove the leading, hidden
apostrophe that identifies cell contents as a string data type -- but it's
too slow.

Is there a faster method than the "FOR EACH ... {remove prefix character}
.... NEXT" I'm using?

A common scenario for me is 10 worksheets, each with 200,000 cells of data
each. In addition, there is one column on each tab from which I do NOT want
to remove the prefix character.

I'm not sure search & replace will work for me because I have legit
apostrophes in my data.

Thanks in advance.
David