Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Comment or not

On Oct 24, 3:03 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Interestingly, Set myComment = myCell.Comment does not work and always
returns true.

What do you mean Paul? If myComment is a Comment object, that code will
either return Nothing or the comment object.

Hi Bob,
Just me not thinking it through. I thought Set myComment =
myCell.AddComment would raise an error if myCell had no comment, but
it doesn't of course, it just returns Nothing. The code was inside an
On Error... block so I couldn't see the none existent error!
regards
Paul