Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Plum Plum is offline

Default Buttons lose macro assignments

Hi, yes the macro is saved in the current workbook - is that what you mean?
What happens is that when I save the file in a new location, the button does
not update to the new file name - it looks for the original file name and
tries to open up the old file.
--

"JRForm" wrote:

Plum,

You say "Sometimes" so are you putting the code in the "Thisworkbook" code
module? Is the code moving with the changes that are being made?

"Plum" wrote:

Hi, I have created a model in Excel 2007 using autoshapes as macro buttons.
However, sometimes when I copy, rename or move the file, the buttons lose
their macro assignment. It doesn't seem to matter when I'm using it in 2003
or 2007. Is this a bug in Excel?