Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Moving Public Function From Workbook Module to XLA

When I'm developing a UDF, I'll put it in a test workbook. Then take as much
time as I need to get it running there.

When it's working perfektly(!), I move it to its real home and just delete that
test workbook file. If I need to test the UDF in a cell in a real workbook,
I'll just fully qualify it:

=testworkbooknamehere.xls!myfunct(....)

Bruce wrote:

You are a genius, it worked great. The good thing about this solution
is that it's trivial to do. It's hard to explain but I'd like to be
able to do this 'move' somewhat regularly.

Thanks,
Bruce

--

Dave Peterson