Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Force save to CURRENT directory

A little more info.......

If I open Excel first, and then open this file, this existing code will do
the saves to the current directory just like I want......BUT, if I open both
Excel and the file by just clicking on the filename in Windows Explorer, or a
Desktop Icon, (the preferred method), then is when Excel changes both saves
back to the default "my docments" directory specified in Tools
Options............

Any help would be appreciated......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All...........

This code basically works, but saves to the "Excel default" directory rather
than to the directory the file came from......I want both saves to go right
back in to the same directory the file came from.......wherever that might
be. How can I force this please?

Sub NewSaveArchive()
CurrentPath = CurDir
archivepath = CurrentPath + "\" 'Default Directory
WorkBookName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Fname = archivepath
Fname = Fname + Worksheets("INFO").Range("AH8").Value
Fname = Fname & Format(Time, "_hh_mm_ss") & Format(Date, "_Mmm_dd_yyyy")
Sheets("StaffingMatrixGF").Select
Range("a1").Select
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Fname
Fname = CurrentPath + "\" + WorkBookName
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Fname
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,