Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Missing Data

Try this code. I didn't know if the date in B5 was a serial date (formated
as date) or a text string. code is shown as a serial date, but I included a
commented line if it is really a string.

Sub completedata()

Lastcol = Cells(9, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
Set MonthRange = Range("a9", Cells(9, Lastcol))

'get month name if it is date format
mname = Left(MonthName(Month(Range("B5"))), 3)
'uncomment line if month is string
mname = Range("B5")

Set c = MonthRange.Find(what:=mname, LookIn:=xlValues)
If c Is Nothing Then
MsgBox ("Can't find month " & mname)
Else
If c.Column < 1 Then
Lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, c.Column).End(xlUp).Row
For RowCount = 10 To Lastrow
If Cells(RowCount, c.Column) = 0 Then
Cells(RowCount, c.Column) = Cells(RowCount, c.Column - 1)
End If
Next RowCount
Else
MsgBox ("Can't update Column A on worksheet")

"Jeff Gross" wrote:

I need to write some code to look for missing data. Each month a facility is
supposed to enter data for that month. I have to download a file which has
this monthly data for several facilities compiled into one file. What I need
the code to do is look at the date in a cell (B5) and then search the
document for the hours associated with that month. If a facility did not
enter their data, then I need the code to copy the previous month's hours
into the current months hours. For example:

B5 = Apr 07

A B C D
9 Jan Feb Mar Apr
10 200 299 104 0
11 400 400 333 233
12 200 300 900 100
13 233 444 555 0
I want to code to change the "0" in column D at row 10 to "104" and D13 from
"0" to "555".

Thanks.

Jeff