Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SeanC UK[_3_] SeanC UK[_3_] is offline

Default Export options

PS in case you don't know, you will need to paste the code into notepad and
save it with the extension .vbs then just double click that file, or right
click and open with notepad to edit.
--
(please remember to click yes if replies you receive are helpful to you)

"PhilSky" wrote:

Hello Sean,

Yes, all the generated files are stored in a single directory, and yes, all
of them should show the gridlines by default. A script to do that would be
great, but I was looking to modify the VB6 app so that the files would not
need to be processed further after being created.

THANKS!!

Phil

"SeanC UK" wrote:

Hi Phil,

I imagine that it is the VB6 app that is creating these files without the
gridlines. By default Excel will create them, but each sheet has it's own
property set as whether or not to display these. I'm guessing that you want
something that will set this property to display them, rather than looking to
amend the VB6 app.

Do these output files get generated in a single folder? If so I can give you
a script that will go through all Excel files in a specified folder on a
specified drive and make sure all gridlines are showing in each one, and save
them this way.

It may be possible to be even more versatile if you can give more
information as to where the files are. If they are all centrally located (at
least after creation) then it is fairly simple with a script.

Sean.

--
(please remember to click yes if replies you receive are helpful to you)

"PhilSky" wrote:

I have inherited an old VB6 app that uses Crystal Reports files and generates
output files in both PDF and XLS format.
For the Excel files (Excel 2002), users want them to show gridlines by
default. There's probably an export option that can be set to accomplish
this, but I have not been able to find it. I appreciate whatever help you can
provide.

Thanks!

Phil