BenjieLop

hawsoon13 Wrote:
I am trying to get some square footages...I have a series of lengths in
one
column, and a series of widths in the next...I want to get an average
width
and multiply it by the sum of the lengths...the formula is
roughly...(A1*B1)/Ax:(A28+B28)/Ax...where Ax is the sum of A1:A28 in
this
case...that formula obviously does not work...is there an easier way to
enter
this than to individually plug in every cell in a huge equation?...does
this
make any sense...thank you for any and all help...

If Column A is where the lengths are entered and Column B is where the
widths are entered, your formula is

=AVERAGE(B1:B28)*SUM(A1:A28)

where

*average(B1:B28)* is the average of the widths in Column B &
*sum(A1:A28)* is the sum to the lengths in Column A

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop