Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob the Labor Guy in NC[_2_] Bob the Labor Guy in NC[_2_] is offline

Default If statement with VLookup can't quite figure the formula out

Thank you Bob, I was having a heck of a time working on this and yet it was
so simple. I read the help files and explanations and understand what you
gave to me. Thank you again BOB

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(--"2007-07-20",A1:D5,3,TRUE)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob the Labor Guy in NC" <Bob the Labor Guy in
wrote in message
Hello, I have Excel 2003 with Windows XP. my VLookup table is
Date MW MaxTipCredit MinCashWage
1/1/2007 $6.15 $3.02 $3.13
24-Jul-07 $6.15 $3.72 $2.43
24-Jul-08 $6.55 $4.42 $2.13
24-Jul-09 $7.25 $5.12 $2.13

I need to check a specific date, let's say 06-24-2007 and see which row in
column 1it is less than or greater than and return the MaxTipCredit in
column
3.
Can anyone give me an idea of the formula to make this work?? It must work
on all the dates for the calculation to be correct.
Thank you in advance