Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Compare two lists for matches

=IF(C2="No",VLOOKUP(A2,'Sheet B'!A:B,2,FALSE),"")

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Whitney" wrote in message
Excellet, that worked!

Now my next question is what formula can I use for the rows that resulted
in
No (not match for Tax ID) to then populate the new Tax ID in column D?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,'Sheet B'!A:A,0)),IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH('Sheet
A'!B2,'Sheet B'!B:B,0)),"Yes","No"),"Not Found")

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Whitney" wrote in message
I would like to compare Sheet A (2005) with Sheet B (2007) I would like
Sheet
A to reference Sheet B and look for a match for Consultant ID, if it
finds
Consultant ID than to compare Tax ID and tell me if they match or not.
need to know if it finds a match for consultant ID (Yes/No) and then if
the
Tax ID matches (Yes/No). What type of match or lookup formula can I
use?

Sheet A (2005)
A B C
1 Consultant ID Tax ID Tax ID Updated?