Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan[_38_] Alan[_38_] is offline

Default Setting up Excel (2003) to handle users with different editing abilities

I would greatly appreciate it if one could give me some code to start me
off as I'm fairly new to macroing.
I want to set a spreadsheet up so that the first thing they get after opening
it is a prompt to enter a password which I'll set and control. There are 2
editors of this spreadsheet and each has their own columns to update. If user1
enters password "abcd" into the popup window, the spreadsheet sets up so that
they can insert new rows but cannot enter anything into Col D and Col E.
If user2 enters password "efgh" into the popup window, the spreadsheet sets up
so that they can insert/create new rows but cannot enter anything into Cols
A:C.

Is this relatively easy to do?

Thanks, Alan