Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with Vlookup with and IF statements

DAve,

Enter this into New, cell H2:

=INDEX(Master!H:H,SUMPRODUCT((Master!$A$1:$A$1000= New!A2)*(Master!$B$1:$B$1000=New!B2)*(Master!$C$1: $C$1000=New!C2)*ROW(Master!$A$1:$A$1000)))

And then copy down. Adjust the 1000 to be higher than your count of rows on Master...

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"DS" wrote in message
I have two sheets in the same workbook. Master and New.

Master's data will be similar to that of New, EXCEPT, Master will have an
additional column of notes, cell H, that is not in sheet New.
I need to copy the notes column from sheet Master H to New H
But to find the proper row it has to match criteria in 3 cells.
Criteria are cells A B and C.

So I am thinking, use VLookup for A but how do I also include the AND IF's
for B and C.

There is no unique field, it has to match 3 fields.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Dave