Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jo Jo is offline

Default 2-byte characters: from VBA code to a worksheet; in MsgBox prompts

Hi,
If filling cells from VBA code with a string containing 2-byte characters
(Central European), the result is corrupted characters in worksheet cells.
eg.

sheet1.cells(1,1).value = "č1ť2ď3ň4ľ5" results in è12ï3ò4¾5 in a cell

Related topic is using 2-byte characters in MsgBox prompts. If controls are
drawn in the VBA editor this can be prevented by setting appropriate script,
however I do not know how to do it with "common" msgboxes defined in a
simpliest way eg.
msgbox "č1ť2ď3ň4ľ5" or with dynamic captions of controls which seem to
overwrite the default script of respective control's caption.

Storing strings somewhere in cells and copying the values from cells to
cells does work but I hope there is some smoother way how to solve it.
Moreover this way does not work with msgbox prompts resp. it converts all
characters into 1-byte characters (in given example c1t2d3n4l5)

Thanks in advance for help