Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Edmund Edmund is offline

Default Identify last row of record in a pipe-delimited text file

I hv a pipe-delimited text file containing millions of records. This file is
automaticaly updated with more new records daily.

Is there a faster way to instantly identify the last row of record instantly
without using a counter to count the # of records in advance?

I'm unable to use random access as I don't know the last row # of the
database. Using a counter to count the # of records in advance is time
consuming. Wondering if there's sharper & faster ways achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
--
Edmund
(Using Excel 2003)