Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob[_5_] Rob[_5_] is offline

Default Creating matrices and subsequently prosess those in a loop

Hello FellowDevelopers,

I want to define a set of arrays with the same structure but with the diferent contents. The content of each array has to be processed. The arrays vary in count, sometimes 2, sometimes it's 6. So I want to repeat processing all arrays in a loop. By naming all arrays subsequently (Arr1, Arr2 etc) with a counter I can see what array I have to process.

I wrote this code with two subroutines. The problem is in the second part, (CopyOne), where I cannot use the name of the array. Any ideas?

Rob

Option Base 1
Public Arr1 As Variant
Public Arr2 As Variant

Sub CopyAll()

' Needed counters
Dim intArrNr As Integer
Dim intArrCount As Integer
intArrCount = 2

' Here I declare two arrays and with each array the same things have to be copied.
Arr1 = Array("A", "B")
Arr2 = Array("C", "D")

' Do somthing with each of the arrays
For intArrNr = 1 To intArrAant
CopyOne (intArrNr)
Next

End Sub

Sub CopyOne(Nr)

Dim strArrName
strArrName = "Arr" & Nr

' Now, normally if I want to do something with a part of the array I do this:
' msgbox Arr1(1) and it says A
' msgbox Arr2(2) and it says D

' But now I want to do Msgbox strArrName(1)
' Tht is: take the value IN strArrName,
' which is "Arr1", and use it as the name of the array to show the first element
' How can I solve this?

End Sub