Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Zone[_3_] Zone[_3_] is offline

Default How to prevent focus by clicking combo box ?

Steve's solution was better. James
"dennis logan" wrote in message
I have tried to set the Match Required property to true but the focus still
exist, i.e. I can type any character in combo box. Is it possible to block
this focus ??

"Zone" wrote:

Try changing the Match Required property to true. James

"dennis logan" wrote in message
If I disable the combo box. the user can't click it to select the list.
What
I need is the combo box still active while the user can't change the
list.
By
the default. it is possible to select and change the list.

"Incidental" wrote:

Hi Dennis

Not very clear what you are asking but you can set the enabled value
of the combobox to false this will allow the user to see the value
that is held in there but they are unable to change it also you will
be able to get the value out any time you need using code.

combobox1.enabled=false

hope this is of some use to you