Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default VBA - JumpTo Specific Row

Hi Kirk,

I have been away for a couple of days and hence the delayed reply. Your
assumption of how Excel knows which sheet is correct. It is the one that it
is called from.

Re your other question: It is possible to search other sheets but first a
couple of questions.

Is my assumption correct that you only want to search the same column in
each worksheet?
You said there is 3 sheets. Is that the total number of sheets in the
workbook or did you mean there are 3 sheet to search. If the latter, then
what are the worksheet names to be searched?

I have been assuming that there will always be only one value to match the
one entered. Is this correct or is it possible for there to be more than one
cell containing the value being searched? (Either in a single worksheet or in
all 3 worksheets).

If the answer to the previous question is 'yes', then does it matter which
value is found and if so, what rules should be applied such as after the cell
that was clicked, the first occurrence in the workbook etc and also does it
matter what order the worksheets are searched? That is the one that was
clicked first and then the other 2 worksheets in any order or a priority
order.

Regards,

OssieMac

"kirkm" wrote:

Hi OssieMac,

That's all working perfectly.

I've now been able to add the rest of the code and can
see a need for one last capability! I can't see how it knows
which Sheet it's using. I assume its the one that calls it.

However there's 3 sheets involved and sometimes you want one of the
others (instead of the one you clicked in).

Is that a problem?

Thanks again,
Cheers - kirk