Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default VBA and find: "lookat"

You're right. Excel does store them, but it doesn't make that storage area
available to the developer/programmer.

Carlo wrote:

Hi Dave

well, excel needs to store them somewhere, that's for sure, because it
remembers the last settings.

But the question was, how can I get to this information.

Thanks for taking the time to answer to my question

Carlo

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Excel doesn't store the current settings.

Setting them to what you think is ok is about as good as you can do.

Carlo wrote:

Hi All

I have the following issue, which is discussed on a lot of sites but not
with the approach that i am trying to do:

I use the range.find in a sub in my program, now, as we can read in the help
file, excel stores the settings and reuses them if omitted. So far so good.
Now I would like to store the current settings, use the range.find function
and restore the settings.
My Problem is, that I do not know where excel stores these settings.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in Advance

Carlo

--