Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Filtering on dates

Hi Alan,

I am a bit confused as to why you have posted this question. The date
11/15/2007 suggests you are working with US dates which implies your system
is also US. AFAIK filtering US system dates with any operator except perhaps
"=" does not present a problem. I would have thought a recorded macro will
give something you can simply adapt. Start with if .autofiltermode then
..autofilter (to clear), then .autofilter again with the requisite fields &
criteria). My system is International so I can't immediately verify, but
what problem is it you have.

If you need to cater for International dates and/or looking to filter "="
the extracts from the book as quoted by Dave are indeed highly relevant. I
don't think it quite gives the whole story in some respects, eg re the
string textural search; also while date-order, as determined by cell
numberformat, may be US or Int, other aspects of the format are relevant.
In addition, depending on format there is a way to filter = date with a
single =, without need to do the = And <= even with Int' dates & system.

FWIW the same issue with international dates and = similarly, though not
exactly, affects some other things. Eg 'Find', which requires a subtle
variation of the convert to US date fix.

Regards,
Peter T

"Alan Beban" wrote in message
Name Date Of Hire
Joe 1/1/2007
Bob 3/4/2007
bob 5/10/2007
Bill 7/3/2007
Tom 8/6/2007
Mary 11/15/2007

I want to show all people and hire dates for hire dates after 7/1/2007.
What format do the dates need to be in, what is the procedure/syntax?

Thanks,
Alan Beban